Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter! (Weekend Wrap Up)

Today is tied with my favorite holiday besides Christmas!  We were blessed to have my parents in town for Avery's first Easter!  Here's a little look into our weekend...

Saturday:
We had a lazy morning and just hung around the house until after Avery's nap from 11-1.  After she woke up, it was shopping time!  Little lovely needed some spiffy shiny white shoes for her Easter dress, and- of course, Target came through for us.  I've never doubted you Target- ever.

Peekaboo....I see a little lovely ready to go shopping with her momma, Gigi, and Granddad!
(Side note- how precious is that tunic?  I mean really.  Old Navy.  Clearance.  All.over.this.)


Sunday:
Another lazy morning (Avery slept until 7:15!).  After getting ready in record time, we tried to take pictures outside.  Key word: tried.  For some reason, Avery was not really having anything to do with the whole picture taking business.  Doesn't she know it's her first Easter??  Doesn't she understand that she's wearing a magnificently pouffy dress?  Alas, she didn't get it so we gave up on the picture attempts and vowed to try again later. Even with the picture debacle, we left for church with time to spare!  I do believe that makes 2 weeks in a row that we've left for church early.  Write that down in the record books people....it's historical.


Again, she was over it.

I sang on the praise team this morning for church so we had to be there early for sound check.  Avery and Jacob usually come early with me when this happens and she usually just roams around the sanctuary (under watchful eye, of course) while we sing and before she goes to her Sunday School class.  This morning, however, Gigi and Granddad were in tow and Avery saw fit to walk them around the church.  I'm sure they had really important conversations.  It was the cutest thing I had seen in a while, not going to lie.  After we got home, Jacob grilled our first hamburgers of the season for Easter lunch.  Not your typical Easter lunch, but- hey, totally delicious.  We also got some solid pictures with Avery after we got home...sans bow.  Oh well, you pick your battles.

...I'm glad someone told me my necklace was turned the wrong way.... ;)


While my parents were here, Jacob and my dad baby proofed the kitchen.  Avery has recently discovered how to open our cabinets, even though they don't have pulls on them.  She's one smart cookie.  Knowing how much she enjoys opening and slamming the cabinets shut, I didn't feel right about latching allllll of them.  I figured we needed to leave one open for her to be able to play with.  An Avery cabinet if you will.  Success.  Success was written allll over this.  There's only tupperware in the cabinet, don't worry.  

Where's Avery??????

There she is!! 

I have a feeling this is going to turn out like Randy in A Christmas Story....remember this??





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...