Monday, April 7, 2014

Avery's First Birthday Party!

This past Saturday afternoon we celebrated our sweet little love with 40 of our closest friends and family!  The theme for Avery's party was a vintage tea party.  The inspiration came from the invitation..


I figured if it's a vintage tea party, it must include Alice in Wonderland.  Must.  Avery's official colors were rose pink, cream, and robin's egg blue.  I couldn't have dreamed it would turn out as well as it did.  It was fantastic.


Of course I had to add a Cinderella aspect.  Had to.


Avery's smash cake which was too perfect for words.  It turned out exactly as I wanted it.


The cupcakes were 2 flavors: Almond cake with raspberry filling and Vanilla with lemon curd.  

We had fruit and veggie trays, chips and salsa, and cake batter rice krispie treats.  It can't be a tea party without tea too!

If you've been following the blog monthly to see how much Avery has grown, you know that we took her picture every month with the same headband.  I used those pictures to make her banner for the mantel and I think it came out just splendid.  I loved looking at the changes she's gone through in these short 12 months.  I think the most difference was between 2 and 3 month's pictures.  It's like she sprouted into a little lady over the course of those 30 days!


 The banner was a labor of love so I think it may stay up for a while.  I'm ok with it. 

Avery loved helping opening her gifts.  She can definitely find her way around some tissue paper.  :)

"Adda, open my new cell phone!  I need to call people!"

Another phone from her boyfriend Jackson.  They are obviously planning on talking to each other a lot.

Forget reading these books, they're tasty!

Giving her brand new lambie lovie a kiss.

Finally getting the hang of ripping paper.

Yay presents!!!!

Legos!  (I may or may not have already stepped on all of them a few)

After opening presents, I whisked Avery away for a quick outfit change to get her ready for her cake smash.  I had already come to the realization that she may not smash it at all and may cry....and I was fine with it.  It's her birthday, she can cry if she wanted to.  :)  We got her dressed and in her high chair out on the front porch.  Everyone sang her Happy Birthday (which confused her more than anything) and then cake smashing began.  She did AWESOME.  She wasn't quite sure of it at first, but quickly got the hang of it once we took her hand and smashed it into the cake.

Little Princess in her rose tutu, custom headband, and custom necklace. (Custom in that I made them....)

Adjusting her headband, she wanted to look perfect.  :)

"You are all singing for me?? Wow!"

"You want me to do what with this?"



"Oh my gosh this is so good!"



"Do I have anything on my face?"


"Who wants cake!?!? I'm sharing!"

"You want cake?"

The damage...


Avery Grace-  what a year little love!  It has been so much fun to watch you grow and learn.  You change every day and we wouldn't have it any other way.  You love people and love to laugh.  Don't change that- it'll come in handy as you grow up.  Your independent spirit is a gift as well and your "adda" and I have learned so much from you through it.  Your eagerness to start each day with a smile on your face has challenged me more than you'll ever know.  I think you're bound and determined to make me a morning person, and- just between us, you're succeeding.  I can't wait to see what the next year holds for all of us!  Here's to many many many more birthdays my little love, 

With love to the moon and back, 
Momma






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...