Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Plague Edition

Yes, I realize it's Thursday.  It's been a very looong weekend for us.  Give me a break.

Saturday:
Jacob woke up feeling bad.  He put himself in semi-quarantine from Avery and I for most of the day.  I say "semi" because I had to work on Saturday and as much as I hated leaving Avery with Jacob being sick, she's not exactly tote-able to the hospital.  Although I'm sure allll of my patients would have loved to love on her.  Let's be honest.

After I got home from work, Jacob thought he felt better so we loaded up the Tahoe and made our weekly trip to Target for diapers.  We also made a stop at Best Buy (to make it worth Jacob's trip, naturally.)

Reading a book while waiting to leave for Target

After we got back, Jacob realized he didn't feel as well as he thought so Avery and I had a photo-shoot in the backyard.  Her outfit is courtesy of her Waco GG.


Apparently SOMEONE doesn't like bows right now.  I'm devastated.

.....and I'm over it.  How could you be upset at such a face!?

Sunday:
Jacob still didn't feel well so went to church via the couch and sent Avery and I on our way.  
She's a beauty in blue.  She's a beauty no matter what actually.

Avery and I got home from church and I realized she wasn't quite acting like herself.  I checked her temperature and low and behold she had a low grade fever.  I knew she was teething so I attributed that to the fever.  She wasn't overtly sick the rest of the day, just a little whinier and clingy than usual.

Monday:
(I'm including Monday and Tuesday on this because of the plague our "weekend" lasted until Tuesday.)

Avery woke up with a 102 fever.  Great.  She caught Jacob's plague.  Womp womp.  No school for little "Gracey Face" today.  Despite having a 103 to 102 fever (and that was with medication), she acted like she felt fine.  I was hopeful that she could go back to school on Tuesday.....nope.  Still had a fever.

We resorted to the lukewarm bath/cold washcloth combination to try and get her fever down...semi successful.

Tuesday:
And we STILL have "the plague" in 2 of the 3 members of the family.  Avery's fever was still around and Jacob still felt like he'd been run over by a few trucks.  I called the doctor and got her in for an appointment in the mid morning.  Again, she acts fine.  Go figure.

At the doctors office.  (Side rant: Does any one else find it slightly annoying that you have an appointment at a certain time and the doctor doesn't actually show up to see you until around 45 minutes later!?!?  Don't they know I've got an active and curious nearly-13-month-old who would rather open all of your cabinets and play with the cords on your computer rather than read the book that you provided for entertainment?  Toddler watching in a doctors office is a sport I tell you, should be an Olympic sport.)

The doctor said that she was positive that Avery had the same virus that Jacob did.  She had a lovely all over rash by the time the doctor showed up and the doctor said that when the rash shows up, the virus is done.  Praise the Lord.  That's 1 of the 2 sick family members better.  Suh-weet.

Avery went back to school on Wednesday (and started screaming when I left the room....really?  I can't handle this.) and Jacob stayed home "an extra day just to make sure".  :)  

"Plague": 0
Terkelsens: 3

....can I just say what a miracle it is that I didn't catch it???  I'm usually the one that catches everything anyone is handing out...because let's face it....I never pass up getting something for free.  ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...