Thursday, May 23, 2013

First Week Flying Solo(ish)

This past week was the first week Avery and I were left home alone while Jacob was back at work.  I've been blessed to have my mom here the past few weeks to help out after my surgeries, however, it was time to "cut the chord" and fly solo(ish).



Our day would typically start around 5:30am with a cute little button nosed girl who wanted to eat.  After that feeding Avery would typically go back to sleep for another hour and a half.  She's like clockwork in that she wants to eat every 3 hours.  Naps were hit or miss...some days she was really good at them, others she wasn't....which made for a horrible evening secondary to her being overtired and not knowing how to do anything but cry.



Wednesday was rough.  Apparently I ate something that didn't agree with Avery and she spent the entire day battling gas and explosive diapers.  By the time Jacob came home, she was still in the throws of an upset stomach and I was exhausted to the point of falling asleep whenever I got sat down and still for more than 5 minutes.  Super dad took over and I went to bed by 7 and he took care of Avery for the night.



Avery and I went on many "adventures" this past week.  I had multiple follow up appointments at the first of the week and she had her reflux follow up on Friday.  Monday was my c-section follow up.  So, like a champ, I loaded her up in the mom-mobile (read: Tahoe) and we made our way to downtown to visit Dr. Yium.  Avery was such a good girl and held it together until the very end of the appointment when she had reached her limit and it was time to eat.  No more putting it off.  Thankfully it was a slow day in the office and they let us stay in the exam room a little longer so that I could feed her.  Tuesday was my surgeon follow up appointment from gallbladder surgery.  Same song, second verse.  Avery held it together so well until the very end.  Being on a 3 hour feeding schedule proves to be challenging when you're "on the road".  After that appointment we walked over to the hospital and she got to meet all of my co-workers on the rehab team.  I know that the ICU nurses would have loved to see her, but we aren't venturing to that floor anytime soon.  Friday Avery had a reflux follow-up appointment with her pediatrician.  She weighed in at a whopping 9lbs, 6oz.  Jacob and I are so thankful she's growing!  The doctor increased her reflux medication secondary to her increase in weight.  So far so good....we've noticed a difference in her spitting up.  It's normal baby spit up, not vomit.  :)



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...