Saturday, December 6, 2014

Disney Day 4

EPCOT has historically been my Dad's favorite park.  Lots of things for bigger kids to do there.  Where else can you travel the world and only walk a little over a mile??  Just like in MK with "People Movers" there's a ride in EPCOT that we always ride more than once- "Spaceship Earth".  It's the ride that is in the big ball that EPCOT is known for.  There's also a great attraction called "The Seas with Finding Nemo and Friends" which Avery absolutely went crazy over.  Literally.  Running in circles crazy.  Of course we went to see Figment.  Avery went running in circle crazy over this attraction to.

Love this place.  Just love it.

The Seas with Finding Nemo

Mesmerized by all of the fish...and the divers.  There are giant tanks in the attraction where you can scuba dive if you have your certification.  There were a handful of divers in the tank and they would come up to the window and wave at you, make crazy faces, or bring a sting ray up to the window to see.  It was awesome.

Where else can you crawl in a giant, smiling shark mouth and get your picture taken? :)

My brother and I have this same picture from 10 years ago.  Every time we go to EPCOT we will have this picture done. 

Avery and I on Spaceship Earth.  She wasn't quite sure what to think about it but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.

After getting off Spaceship Earth, we ran into a short line to meet Chip and Dale.  Avery did awesome with these guys.  She's obsessed with noses.  Like grabs them.  Like grabs them so much I was afraid she was going to behead a Disney character and we were going to a) ruin the Disney magic for ourselves and others or -b) traumatize Avery in such a way years and years of counseling would be in our future.  Moral of the story- Avery is into noses.  If you're around her, guard your nose.



Again with the meal plan.  Holy cow. We didn't eat a horrible thing all week.  #struggleisreal

After lunch Jacob took Avery back to the hotel for her nap and let my mom and dad stay at the park since it's dad's favorite.  I stayed with them and we went to venture around The World Showcase.  


Admiring all of the teapots in England.  I appreciated all of the authentic European food/snacks they had for sale in the shops in this section.  Took me back to my incredible trip to London earlier in the summer.

I ran into Sleeping Beauty in France.  She said she knew a princess when she saw one.  Homegirl is spot on.

Avery and Jacob returned in time for our FastPass to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.  Piece of advise- if you're going to Disney with young ones, use your fast passes for character meet/greets if at all possible.  I understand this is totally dependent on when you go to Disney but I will also tell you that Avery had a hard time waiting in line for more than about 5 minutes without getting upset.  No one wants a picture with Mickey with tears running down their face.  The fast passes saved us because the longest we waited to see a character was 5 minutes- tops.






We got photobombed by Goofy.

We decided after seeing our favorite characters we would head back to ride the Monorail to MK.  On our way out, my brother snapped this candid photo.  This is how Avery preferred to ride in her stroller:
...holding both of our hands.  She would say, "hands, hands". 

Right outside the gates we stumbled upon a short line to meet Pluto.  Let it be known that Pluto is one of my personal favorites.  I remember last time we were at Disney World (like 10 years ago), we met Pluto at Hollywood Studios and I told him that he was my favorite.  He then proceeded to take my hand and walk off with me.  It was hilarious.


After dinner at MK, my dad, brother, and Valerie (Jeremy's fiance) rode the Monorail back to EPCOT to see Illuminations.  We had preferred viewing for Illuminations and it did not disappoint.  I'm also sure that my hearing was damaged by how loud everything was.  It was probably for the best that Avery went back to the hotel with Jacob and my mom.  It would have scared her for sure.  

We struggled back to the bus bay to make it back home to the hotel.  This was the only day that I walked myself into a blister on the bottom of my foot.  We was tired.  Tired I well you.  We made it back just short of crawling and went to bed only to get up and go for it again early the next morning.  Up next:  Animal Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...